Secure your online banking experience
While ICICI Bank Limited, Singapore Branch (“ICICI Bank”) strives to provide you with a secure banking environment, we urge you not to part with your User ID, PINs or passwords and other sensitive account information (“Personal Information”) to anyone. This will preserve the security of your account and of your transactions.
You are entirely responsible for the safekeeping and use of the Personal Information and where applicable, any damages and other consequences of their misuse. As a precautionary measure, the link with the service will be interrupted after 3 wrong entries of the Customer ID and/or Customer Password.
You must exercise due care to see that the confidentiality of the Personal Information is maintained. If third parties gain access to your internet banking account, you will be responsible and shall indemnify ICICI Bank against any liability, costs or damages arising out of claims or suits by such third parties based upon or relating to such access and use.
ICICI Bank has no obligation to verify the authenticity of any instruction sent or purported to have been sent from you other than by means of verification of the Personal Information. You understand and agree that the two levels of passwords for logging into internet banking are for the purpose of verifying the authenticity of your identity. You accept full responsibility for the monitoring and safeguarding of your accounts.
ICICI Bank shall advise you that you must:
(1) Keep your Personal Information confidential and not reveal the same to any third party.
(2) Choose a password which shall be at least 6 characters and does not relate to any readily accessible personal data such as name, address, telephone number, etc. or any other easy combination of letters and numbers;
(3) Commit the passwords to memory and not record them in written or electronic form;
(4) Not let any unauthorized person have access to its computer and not to leave the computer unattended whilst accessing any product and/or service or the Website.
ICICI Bank employs a range of security features for its Online Banking Service.
Firewall (Virtual electronic fence that prevents unauthorised access to the ICICI Bank server)
128 bit Secure Socket Layer
Entrust Digital Certificate
A firewall is a hardware or software that enforces security on your computer or system. It is like a locked door, preventing dangerous material from getting into the room.
What is 128-bit Secure Socket Layer?
SSL stands for "Secure Sockets Layer"". It is a protocol designed to enable applications to transmit information back and forth securely. Applications that use this protocol inherently know how to give and receive encryption keys with other applications, as well as how to encrypt and decrypt data sent between the two. SSL has been universally accepted on the World Wide Web for authenticated and encrypted communication between the customer's computer and servers.
Some applications that are configured to run SSL include web browsers like Internet Explorer and Netscape, email programs like GroupWise, Outlook, and Outlook Express, FTP (file transfer protocol) programs, etc. These programs are automatically able to receive SSL connections.
To send an SSL connection, however, or to open a secure connection, your application must first have an encryption key assigned to it by a Certification Authority. Once it has a unique key of its own, you can establish a secure connection with every other application that can "speak" the SSL protocol.
Apart from the security measures put in place by ICICI Bank, you play an equally important role to ensure your online security and account information is not compromised. Therefore, we urge to take note of the following:
1. Keep your PIN confidential at all times
2. Always log off your online session
3. Do not store your User ID/PIN when using Internet Explorer browsers
4. Do not disclose your personal information to suspected websites
5. Ensure adequate security for wireless network and devices
6. Clear your browser's cache and history after each session
7. Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs
8. Protect your critical data
9. Disable the "File and Printer Sharing" feature on your Operating system
10. Check your account and transaction history details regularly
11. Update us when you change your contact particulars
12. Check that the website address starts with “https:” and look for the padlock symbol at the bottom right of a web page to ensure the site is running in secure mode BEFORE you input sensitive information.